Lower Back Pain – How Physiotherapy can help you!
Physio can help if:
- The pain is thought to be mechanical i.e. exacerbated by joint and muscle tests.
- The pain is aggravated by poor movement patterns or postures.
- The pain persists for more than four weeks.
- The chronic pain has not had an active rehabilitation program before.
What we do:
- Thorough musculoskeletal assessment and analysis of faulty movement patterns and postures.
- Manual Therapy: to reduce pain, allowing a quicker return to work and normal activities.
- Home Stretching programs: ‘as above’ puts the patient in control.
- Core Stabilisation training: Helps to reduce pain and prevent recurrences.
- Postural and ergonomic advice: Enables a faster pain-free return to normal activities.
- Graded Activity and Return to work plans: Step by step plans to help guide patients back to their normal activities as soon as possible.
- Reassurance: Encouragement, advice to stay active, limit fear-avoidance behaviour etc.