Pre & Post Natal Exercise Classes
These classes are specifically tailored to the needs of women during their pregnancies and up to one year following birth.
The classes will comprise of:
- Pelvic floor safe strength training
- Hip complex strengthening
- Functional lifting
- Upper back/ postural strengthening
- Pelvic floor education
Benefits of Exercising During Pregnancy and Postnatally
- Classes specifically tailored to pregnancy and postnatal issues
- Strength, flexibility, conditioning in varied formats
- Small class sizes allowing for plenty of one on one time and specific programming
- Pelvic floor safe exercise
- Post Natal women welcome to bring babies
- Holistic exercise session to enhance emotional and physical well-being through the release of endorphins
- Ideally we recommend 2x classes per week for best results
- Playpen area for babies
About the classes
Blooming Bellies to Active Mums are two classes designed for your specific needs during the antenatal and postnatal period. The changes your body undergoes during the child bearing years require specific, targeted exercises by trained professionals to ensure that you safely remain strong and active.
Classes will have a large focus on core and pelvic floor muscle activation and strength through a range of functional lifts and movements, education and stretching.
These classes are the perfect transition back to pre-pregnancy fitness and sports, or future physical aspirations. Babies are more than welcome at our post natal sessions.
The best way to keep your baby healthy is to keep yourself healthy!
Joining the classes
You will need to attend for a screening assessment with one of our women’s health physiotherapists prior to commencing classes to ensure it is safe for you to start and to ensure that you gain the most from the classes by developing individualised programs and setting personal goals.
Antenatally this can be done anytime after 12 weeks. Postnatally, this will be done after your 6 week checkup with your obstetrician.
When & Where?
|Practice Location & Class Type||Class Time:||Taking the Class:|
|Sippy Downs – Postnatal “Active Mums”||MON 9:30am & 1:30pm
THUR 12:00noon & 1:00pm
|Sippy Downs – Pregnancy “Blooming Bellies”||MON 10:30am
|Kawana – Pregnancy “Blooming Bellies”||TUES 4:30pm||Annika|
|Chermside – Postnatal “Active Mums”||THURS 10:00am||Marnie|