Dietetics @ Sports & Spinal
Eat well, Live well.
Dietitians are expert health professionals trained on diet and nutrition. Our Dietitians aim is to assist in a person’s journey to reaching optimal health through food and nutrition. We are proud to announce Dietetics services are now available at our Kawana, Buderim, Coolum and Maroochydore Clinics. Our fully qualified Dietitian is dedicated to providing you with the best possible level of care. Our expert will get to the source of your symptoms working with you to address your goals and prescribe dietary treatments for many conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancers, gastro-intestinal diseases, and overweight and obesity. We will always keep you informed and involved in the management of your health journey. Our Dietitian is registered with The Dietitians Association of Australia and health fund rebates and bulk-billing are available.
Our Dietitian can help you to understand:
- The relationship between the food that you eat and your health
- The link between your diet and managing certain diseases such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes
Provide practical, individualised and evidence-based advice on your diet.
In relation to…
- Diabetes and Weight Management:
- Teamed with our fantastic exercise physiology team at sports and spinal, we can help you to achieve your nutrition goals for diabetes management and weight management
Other areas covered:
- cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
- weight loss
- weight gain- for those who struggle to put weight on
- gastrointestinal issues: constipation/diarrhoea/bloating
- iron deficiency
- swallowing/chewing difficulties
Our consults will involve making a detailed and comprehensive assessment of the client’s diet and health background. This will be paired with current lifestyle habits to provide evidence based and practical advice to suit the individual. By helping our patients to set their own nutrition goals and developing useful strategies to implement in everyday life, we can help to make realistic changes to their lifestyles.